Saturday, January 9, 2010

Santas are Done...!







Here's what I've done over Christmas vacation. Wait. I didn't get a Christmas vacation. Oh well. I guess what I mean is...This is what I've been working on since...Thanksgiving!

The first is a Princess & Me Santa with a star. Princess & Me canvases usually come with a stitch guide, which I refer to but not rely upon. I followed many of the stitches suggested (except the bullion knots for the nose...how silly!), but picked threads all from my stash. I'm going to have him finished as a standup Santa.

And here is my larger project--the Strictly Christmas Squatty Santa. I got him from Ruth's Bedecked & Beadazzled about two years ago, & have been longing to get him done. I did another Squatty Santa from Ruth about two years ago; a photo of him, Santa with Cats, completed, is here too.

Next up is finishing the SOTM kimono, & then....back to the Sharon G Ponza scenery. I picked up quite a few threads for this at Edwardian Needle, but have to get back to stitching it.

Tomorrow I pack up the needlepoint ornaments (in my brand new, acid free tissue paper), and, as far as I'm concerned, now I'm ready to start the new year.

I am going to try very hard to restrain myself as the newest TNNA items show up here in the blogosphere. Very hard.
Denise

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Your stitching Santa is wonderful. Love the backgroud stitch.