Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Angel of the Lord


I just finished the seventh piece of the Kelly Clark Nativity. This piece was a really fun stitch except for the wings. I am not a random stitcher and get really uptight when I have to do something random. My first attempt at the wings was my best but I did not know that at the time. So I redid them . Each time I redid them I got more uptight and the worse they looked. After the third attempt, I finally decided that this is the best they are going to look. Aside from the wings, I love how she came out. Amy did a fantastic job with her thread selection and stitches. Amy's selection of threads really brings the stitches to life. In the Angel's dress we used two different threads and three different colors of one and two of another. Amy did an absolutely amazing job with the detail to her hair. I especially love the trim in her hair. Her banner is totally amazing and so easy to do. I am so happy that I have all of Amy's DVDs (a must have for your library). We had to applique flair onto the banner and I was really getting stressed about this until I watched Amy demonstrate how to do it on her #6 DVD. The directions in the stitch guide very clearly told you what to do but seeing it just made it so much easier. I know I say this every time I finish one to the Nativities but I cannot say it enough. Amy's Home Study stitch guides are just the best. Amy's attention to every detail in her written directions and stitch diagrams are like nothing I have ever seen. If you have a problem understanding something, you just have to email or phone and help is given to you immediately. The Home Study classes are not just stitch guides and threads. They are truly an advanced stitching experience. If you have done one of the Home Studies, you know what I am talking about. It is just like nothing you have ever experienced. I hope that someday you treat yourself to such a wonderful enriching learning experience.
I am just waiting for Jen to finish her Angel and then will ship them off to Amy for finishing. The Christmas deadline has past but we decided to send her in anyway.
Off to work on Ruth Schmuff's Mellow Yellow class. Hope to get caught up before the Elephant for the Nativity arrives.
Linda

No comments: