Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I've Learned About 24 Count


It's small.

This is the first time I've worked a 24 count canvas. This is Tony Minieri's "African Teapot" that I am doing at Stitch by Stitch for the next few months. We had our first class about 3 weeks ago; our next class is next week.

The stitches themselves are not overwhelming; a Hungarian variant for the helmet, some ribbon stitching, outline & encroaching gobelin for the elephant. I can understand why people love working on this count canvas; the detail you can get is pretty amazing.

On the other hand, for a person who needs instant gratification, this count can be challenging.

Needless to say I am loving taking a Tony class, no matter what. And there's a giraffe on this canvas, so I love it. For me, it's a lesson in patience.

Now that my homework is done (Tony suggested finishing the elephant), I am jumping into the next canvas in my perpetual calendar series.

And I have something fun to tell you about that we are doing at Stitch by Stitch this summer, but you will have to stay tuned; I have to get to work!

Denise

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I saw this piece when he was designing it. I loved it. I can't wait to see how it turned out. Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle said...

G-d bless you... It's looking beautiful. Isn't it amazing that you can stitch for such a long time and get so little accomplished. I'm working on a 22 count and that's how I'm feeling.