Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finished Apples - First Haircut - Progress Report









Today I received the Kelly Clark Halloween Apples back from finishing. I have to thank Kelly Clark for designing these wonderful apples, Amy Bunger for the wonderful stitch guide for the apples, and Ruth Schmuff for coming up with the wonderful finishing idea for them. We are truly blessed to have three such talented and creative needlewomen to help us create beautiful needlework. The apples are on display in my sewing room waiting for Labor Day weekend when the Halloween decorations go out. I cannot wait to see Stirha, Frank and Dracula again. Unlike my fellow Southern Stitch Sister, Melinda, I only finished three of the Halloweenies. Hopefully, I will be able to get a few more done for next year.


Here are two pictures of Jake getting his first haircut. He looks like a big boy now with his new haircut. In September, he will be going to nursery school three mornings a week. This will give me a little break so I can have some free time to get things done. I hope to have someone help me with him for a couple of months, until my shoulder heals.


I have started physical therapy and seem to be making good progress. I am still limited with the use of my arm but I can see improvement. I still cannot stitch from my stand and have to work on projects that are held in my hands - so I have been stitching belts. One is off to the finisher and I have about a third done on my second belt. I will be taking a Sharon G class at the end of September and hope to be able to stitch on a stand by then.


Linda



5 comments:

Vicky said...

The apples are wonderful! add yourself to that list of talented ladies after Kelly, Amy & Ruth for your perfect stitching! I want to do an apple or two now...

Pediatric Musings by Dr. Margaret Payne said...

The apples look great. Did you have Ruth finish them? Margaret

Kelly said...

The apples look great! I missed the last post with the cat collar and that is terrific as well.

Melinda said...

Hi, Linda - The apples are fabulous - great design, great stitching, and great finishing! I have the witches hat apple and hope to start on it soon. Jake is growing up so fast - a big boy haircut, no less! He's a cutie!

Missy Gray said...

Linda, the apples look super! I would add you to the talent list, as well -- beautifully stitched. See you in September at Sharon's class!