Monday, April 2, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

Karen and I had the best weekend.
We left on Friday for Baltimore. Friday night we had dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Susan, a fellow stitcher, who was taking the Saturday class at Ruth's with Julia Snyder. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and DESSERT. On Saturday morning Karen and I headed out to Virginia. We hit two needlepoint stores and then went to Beadazzled, a bead store, in McLean Virginia. We had the best time looking for beads for the scissor fobs I am making to go with the canvases for my Birthday Celebration. I think I have really gone overboard with the party favors. After our bead excursion, we headed back to Baltimore to Bedecked and Beadazzled. It is always a treat to go to Ruth's shop. It is like a kid being let loose in a candy store. Ruth always has new accessories that you have to have and beautiful canvases that always seem to call my name. I was very good and really tried to restrain myself. I think I did a fairly good job. Tomorrow I will post pictures of everything I purchased. We went to dinner with Ruth, Julia and a new stitching friend on Saturday night. We had a wonderful dinner and lots of laughs.
On Sunday, we took a canvas embellishment class with Julia. My canvas was a Shelly Tribbey Bunny Teapot. Everyone in the class had a complete stitch guide and threads before the end of the day. Julia is a very knowledgable teacher and a lot fun. We had a wonderful day and are looking forward to the next canvas embellishment class with Julia.
I am off this week and better get busy cleaning so I can stitch this afternoon.
Linda

6 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

Beadazzled also has a store in downtown Baltimore, and it's as wonderful as the one in Tyson's.

So glad you had fun at B&B! Can't wait to see how your teapot comes out!

Anne Bloom said...

I want to travel with you!

Diane Gasior said...

Again, I am very jealous. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see what you bought.

This is one of my favorite Shelly Tribbey canvases. Have a great time stitching it.

Diane

Steph's Stitching said...

What fun! Can't wait to see what you do with the teapot. Isn't a FB page for the home study a great idea?

Melinda said...

Sounds like you and Karen had a perfect weekend. A trip to The Cheesecake Factory is always a good way to get things started! Love your teapot canvas and the matching accessories! Looking forward to hearing more about the weekend!

palma said...

we had a great time, didn't we? It was a pleasure to meet you and I do look forward to seeing you again soon