Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A quick project to interrupt the Ribbon Initial Project


Hi!

Linda & I are both working on the Ribbon Initial project from our LNS. Linda is taking the class, I am working from the stitch guide. Although we're sure the Ribbon Initial will be pretty once it's complete, we are currently both a little frustrated with this project, so to take a break from that project, I snuck in this Associated Talents heart (probably the Valentine's Day influence). It took me just one evening to do this cute little canvas, all from my stash (except for one card of baby blue Splendor, which I picked up at Rittenhouse Needlepoint on Saturday). I was excited to be able to refer to my new Suzy's Mini Stitches for some ideas for the stitches. All of it was worked in Splendor, with a few beads & a bit of Kreinik here & there.
I keep getting that little shadow on my canvas photos. Will need to consult my DH for his advice on that one.
Tonight I plan on doing one box in my flag and then back to the background of my Ribbon Initial.
I know that Linda has some updates for you on her projects and she has been furiously working on two of her clubs....stay tuned!
D

No comments: