Monday, May 10, 2010

Gingerbread Come Home, & Thank You Spinster Stitcher




The gingerbread people came home last week. Ashley & I enjoyed working them up. Imagine, Christmas is 7 months away!

I finished my belt which will be worked into a strap for my handbag. I turned that into Stitch by Stitch last weekend, and am hopeful it will be back very quickly as I am anxious to put my new leather bag into use. I'll post a photo of the completed bag when the strap comes back.

I also finished up a cute canvas for Jake, which is also pictured above. I will be dropping it at the framers this week, I hope.

I spent most of Mother's Day watching TV, and want to thank Spinster Stitcher for hooking me up with the Tudors. I have watched Seasons 1 & 2 in 8 days. Can't wait to start Season 3 tonite. Great. Another addiction ;)

Started working up the last of the Ponza canvases, DPW03. While watching the Tudors, I tent stitched the 1st of the 4 borders in black Kreinik. Then, I surrounded myself with tons of stitching books, to select a stitch for the sky. I've only completed 2 rows, having ripped out 3 prior stitch selections. I think this one will stick. We'll see.

I would post about Jake but I haven't seen him in over a week. For all I know he'll be leaving for college soon :) Such a genius.

Denise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a very cool giraffe, beautifully done. Thanks for sharing it.

Nancy