Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laughing Jack Crunch Bar



I am back to stitching projects again. I am starting off working on small canvases and Laughing Jack was my first choice. This canvas is the first in a series of eight Halloween Candies. The canvases are by Kelly Clark and the stitch guides are by Ruth Schmuff. What a quick and fun stitch this was!! After stitching belts all summer this was a great project to start on. Ruth did a great stitch guide for Laughing Jack and her threads and embellishments are just fabulous.


My current project is a canvas by Barbara Elmore called Summer Flowers. BeStitched had this as a class and also offered it long distance. Denise and I signed up and are currently working on the background. Once the background is complete we will meet and do the ribbon flowers. It will be our BeStitched class at Denise's house with a wonderful catered lunch. It might not be the box lunch BeStitched caters but it will be delicious and wonderful.


Yesterday was our class with Sharon G at The Nimble Needle. A BIG THANK YOU to Sharon G for a wonderful class, Missy Gray for the most delicious cinnamon buns and Karen for bring in such a talented teacher. Sharon worked her magic on every one's canvas and we all left very happy with our choice of stitches and threads. Missy baked the most wonderful cinnamon buns for us to enjoy. Denise had given me a heads up about the Missy baking so I did not eat breakfast so I could enjoy my cinnamon bun. We all were licking our fingers. We all had a wonderful time learning, eating, laughing and making new friends. After all isn't that what needlepoint is all about.


Linda

4 comments:

Diane Gasior said...

Ver cute. I may have to reconsider stitching those candies. I keep meaning to ask if you are going to be able to stitch on Jake's stocking. I remember you sent it off for a stitch guide at the end of last year. Hope your shoulder will cooperate.

Anonymous said...

Very cute candy! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle. There is almost nothing better than good friends, good food, and good stitching. Can't wait to see the next piece of candy.

Linda B said...

Love these candies! And I thought there were 12 so I am already ahead!!

Melinda said...

I need new glasses, Linda! I thought you were stitching a new Kelly Clark candle - lol! Oh, dear! I thought I had really missed out on something new that Kelly had done. It's so cute and I'm glad it has worked up quickly for you. Most importantly, I'm happy you are back to stitching things other than belts! Not that belts are wonderful...