Thursday, September 1, 2011

Denise & Linda Take On a New Craft, & A Challenge for You




Denise: I am on vacation this week. I didn't go anywhere. After two days of tanning in my back yard, I'm bored.

Linda: Let's go to lunch.

Denise: Let's go to your favorite restaurant, Cheesecake Factory.

Linda: Ok.

So, off we went to lunch. We had a lovely meal.

Linda: I wish our LNS was open. We could have found something to buy.

Denise looks at her Blackberry, wondering if there's a message from her daughter, who is 45 minutes late for lunch. Instead, she sees a Facebook post from Bestitched. About bling scissor fobs.

Denise: You know, there's a bead store near here.

Linda: Let's go. You know how to bead. We can make scissor fobs.

We went. We purchased. Linda went home to make dinner for Don. Frank was directed to purchase his own Chinese food for dinner.

Linda returned to Denise's house. The photos above are the results of our efforts.

We have no idea where we are going to fit beading in between all our other projects. But talk about instant gratification!

Challenge to our followers: Can you guess which fobs are Linda's, and which are Denise's?

Denise & Linda

8 comments:

Robin said...

These all look wonderful. Congrats to Linda & Denise. The Sisters who Needlepoint/Bead/Craft together... stay together!

Can I tell who made which scissors fobs? I'm taking a guess: did Linda make the pair of the photo in the middle of the blog... the chunky ones? Did Denise make the duo with the Owl?

Regardless... wonderful job.

Missy Gray said...

These looks fantastic ladies! The blog post had me laughing out loud as I enacted the dialogue in my head. Now I expect to see fobs that coordinate with each of your works in progress!

Denise & Linda said...

Robin you are correct.
Linds

Anonymous said...

Denise and Linda, these are fab. Glad we inspired you. You are naturals! Love the dialogue, made me LOL!

Jeannine
BeStitched Needlepoint

Denise & Linda said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies. And good guess, Robin! You are correct. You could have also said that Linda's were the sweet & light ones, & mine were the dark ones! Denise

Anonymous said...

Love the Bling!!! Thanks for the great laugh!

Melinda said...

You ladies are too crafty! And very talented! I like your scissor fobs a lot. I know you had fun making them. Now get back to stitching!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to see both of you all fobbed up at Nimble Needle the 24th. They are stunning.