Friday, August 2, 2013

Two Fun Finishes

Just got two pillows back from the finisher; I am so excited! 

My little pink nutcracker girl for which Robin King creatively created a terrific stitch guide came out so cute! Last year I saw a larger nutcracker finished as a pillow rather than a roll up, stand up figure. What nice idea! You can really see the stitches that way. My original intent was to have two Christmas nutcracker pillows (you saw the red one a few weeks ago) but, honestly, there just weren't enough Christmas colors here. 

So, with all the pink, my daughter, with her pink & green bedroom is taking possession of this when she changes over to her fall comforter. 

The other pillow is a Barbara Elmore canvas that Linda & I did as an at home class from Bestitched. It was a fast & entertaining canvas to stitch, & the larger ribbons are just so unique. The intent was to also learn how to make a coordinating mat & frame the work...but I just saw this matching my bedroom so well! Betty at Stitch by Stitch in Larchmont said everyone who saw the finished pillow was blown away. I think we all agree. 

Tomorrow: as reported by Linda, Needlepoint Nation Northeast. 

Denise

4 comments:

Monica said...

Hope that you and Linda have a wonderful time in CT! I know that I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

Cindy Minick said...

Love the flower pillow, beautiful!

Steph's Stitching said...

They are darling.

Diane Gasior said...

Great job Denise. Love them both.