Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Silk Thread

I have been searching for the perfect thread for a Janice Gaynor canvas I have had in my stash for awhile. The canvas is a very pretty paisley floral in shades of pinks and greens with touches of brown, yellows and gold. I wanted to work it in silk but just could not find the right thread.

So off I went in search for the perfect thread. I found the thread at Ridgewood Needlepoint in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Ridgewood Needlepoint had just gotten in a new silk thread for thirteen canvas. It is Baroque Silk by The Pure Palette. The thread is a twisted silk that can be separated if you are working on 18 mesh. Since I am working on 13 mesh this was the perfect thread choice. The colors of the Baroque Silk are magnificent. I was easily able to find the perfect colors for my canvas.

Last night I threaded up my Bohin Needle with the Baroque Silk and was in stitching heaven. The thread and needle just glided through the canvas. The thread is very easy to stitch with and did not twist as you stitched with it. I would highly recommend this thread for 13 mesh canvas.

Linda

No comments: