Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jake and Frank

















Here are some recent pictures of Jake. They were taken over the weekend. He is in one of the outfits that Aunt Denise bought for him. He is such a happy baby and a bundle of joy. His Christening is on Sunday and I am sure that you are going to be seeing a lot of pictures of the Little Man. Aunt Denise will be posting - I am sure.
Frank is completed. I really enjoyed stitching him. Amy has really gone over the top with the Halloweenies. Frank is just a magnificent work of art. The stitches, threads and techniques used really just bring Frank to life. I was afraid of the fingers only to find out that they were not hard to do at all. I am happy with the way they came out. They are not as good as Amy's but for not having done stump work before I think they came out pretty darn good. I am very proud of Frank. I hope when Jake gets older he will love and cherish them. The Nativity and the Halloweenies are needlepoint pieces that are to be past down from one generation to the next. I know that they take a lot of time and work but the satisfaction of knowing that a piece of you will live on in them makes them worth all your time and effort.
Off to work on the Shepherd. Have to get the last three pieces of the Nativity done before Christmas deadline.
Linda

2 comments:

Peggy said...

How did he get so big!!! Jake, not Frank.

Kelly said...

Great job on Frank! You must be so proud. Jake is just adorable. Thanks for sharing pics of such handsome fellows.