Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer of My Discontent

There have been few postings from me lately, and I apologize. At least we've had Jake to keep us amused.

This has been a not-so-happy summer for me. I am wildly busy at work, with complex projects that require a lot of focus; I've put in a lot of late nights this past 2 months. This economy stinks, and it is unsettling not to see improvement on the horizon. I would not say I am an optimist, but I do think I have a bit of Scarlet O'Hara in me, often saying, "tomorrow is another day," with the implied hope that it will be better. It's getting harder & harder to say that, I'm finding. The weather has been exhausting too. Also because of the economy, I think, everyone is a little bit cranky & testy & impatient, which just makes everything a bit harder.

I haven't had time or energy to stitch much, and in fact am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by my stash as well. Just about everything I've worked on this past year has been large sized. When I do sit down to stitch, I enjoy it just as much as ever, but there just aren't enough hours.

On the plus side I still love my nook. :) While I may be too tired to stitch I am not too tired to read.

Last night I finished the baby buggy canvas that Linda photographed for you over the weekend. I will try to drop it off for finishing this week. It was a Princess & Me canvas, which are fun to stitch, although their stitch guides are......well, see my references above about cranky and testy & impatient. I did enjoy working the canvas up, and look forward to giving it as a gift this Christmas.

Now, I will return to Ponza's rocks. This is the last of the rocks canvases; I am hopeful to finish the rocks in the next 2 weeks, and then go on to the Ponza door canvas. I will post some progress this weekend---I will really try!!

Denise

1 comment:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Not to worry about how much you're putting out there, you're doing a great job with all you have going. Besides it's summer and we always think we're going to accomplish more this time of year but our particular passion takes a lot of time and goes slow. The economy ugh, but I'm going to try and enjoy each day as it comes, place tomorrow out of my mind and revel in what I have which is only today.
I thought your baby buggy was adorable, nice finish!