Friday, April 22, 2011

First Flowers Calendar Club Canvas Completed


You might recall that I surreptitiously enrolled in a club a few weeks ago, a Flowers Calendar Club offered by A Stitch in Time. At the end of the club, if you do all the flowers in the series, you will get a perpetual calendar into which your canvases can be inserted. I am always intrigued by perpetual calendars; we used to have one when I was a kid, but I don't know where it ended up. You can see all the flowers here: http://www.needlepoint-knitting.com/raymond-crawford-flowers.htm.

I finished the first one last night. The shop's owner, Alison Hodges wrote a nice little stitch guide, & the kit comes with complete threads. I am wondering how I will mat all of these at the end, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. At this point the next canvas just arrived on Wednesday; I am putting it aside for a little while.

I signed up for the Tony Minieri Safari Teapot class at Stitch by Stitch; you can see the completed project on their blog. This is the first project I've ever done on congress cloth; I think I was so intimidated by the thought of it; the reality is that it's fine & fun. I love taking classes with Tony, so of course I am thrilled to be taking this. And the teapot has a giraffe. And a lion. Oh my.

I also have a lot of other WIP's going; my last two Tony Minieri canvas embellishment classes; a collar for Mia (Cara's collar is completed); my last three stitches for my current stitching notebook class, Christmas Stitches II, Stitches For Effect; my push to finish last year's club from Fireside. Oh, and of course, my flag & my kimono.

Isn't this a hobby? Thank God I love to do this!

Best wishes for a Blessed Easter.

Denise

No comments: