Friday, April 1, 2011

Half Dozen Completed


I've now completed the sixth of twelve ornaments in the Fireside club. Each one of these is more fun than the one before. Honestly, doesn't this one just remind you of a circus! Marina Ketterman of Fireside writes all these guides, and for me they are just the right blend of stitches & threads to keep me interested.

I am going to take a little break from these for a bit. I want to do that Melissa Shirley canvas, & then I want to do the first canvas from my calendar series. I am taking a Tony Minieri canvas embellishment class next weekend at our local store (I am SO excited, Tony is so much fun & I learn so much). And then right after that (Wednesday!) I am also doing another class with Tony at our local store, it is my first project on congress cloth. I will post a photo as soon as I can.

I'm sure many of you are like this, with the list of your projects, canvases and schedule cycling through your heads! It's a good thing I have a job to blame for my time spent not stitching.

This weekend a good friend's son is getting married, and we are all looking forward to the fun ahead. There will be little stitching though! All of you keep your fingers busy for me!

Denise

2 comments:

Robin said...

Very nice, Denise. I am intrigued with the Sequins. They give it a festive touch. Thanks for sharing. Robin

Suestich said...

Denise, each one gets better and better. You will enjoy your class with Tony. I, personally, love Congress Cloth because you casn get so much detail. I took the Kimonos from Tony and that is on Congress Cloth. Hmmm, I need some more hours and finish that project.

Have a fun weekend

Sue VanderNoor