Friday, July 27, 2012

How I've Avoided the Thanksgiving House

As Linda mentioned a few posts ago, I've been in desperate need of instant gratification. Luckily for me, we found this cute yarn store at our weekend birthday celebration & I picked up yarn for some scarves. As you can see there are 4 here & I have yarn for quite a few more (knitting, too, affords an opportunity for stashing).

I also finished this next canvas in a series I did last year for my perpetual calendar.

I see that Linda's box came from Amy's, & I got an email that my box was shipped today. I will finish this last scarf, for now, & go back to the House. I have done nothing in kit 2 except for mounting the canvases, reading the guide & sorting my threads.

I am loving Amy's creativity in the guide & the Facebook Thanksgiving group is fun, but I don't think I'll do this kind of project again. It's been a great learning experience & I know I will love the House when it's done, but I've also learned a lot about what I like to do in stitching & what I don't.

Busy weekend & week ahead.

Denise

1 comment:

Steph's Stitching said...

I am glad you took a break to get some instant gratification. The house is long-term. Kind of like raising kids.