Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finishing






I have just gotten back from the finisher today two All That Glitters Ornaments. I still have one that is out at the finisher and one ready to stitch as soon as I am done with the first Magi. All together I have four finished and the fifth to stitch. I should have six or seven done before the cutoff date for Christmas finishing.
The framed needlepoint is a David McCaskill canvas that I had stitched over a year ago and my daughter, Jennifer put into a purse for me.
I do not use the purse that often so I decided to have the canvas framed. This way I can get to enjoy it all the time. This was a fun piece to stitch. The framer did a great job in matching the matting to the canvas. Am very happy with how it turned out. I will do a bargello to put into the purse to replace this canvas. Jen puts the canvases into the bags she makes so that they can be changed off depending on your mood.
The first Magi is almost done. Have about three more days to work on it. This one was a really fun piece. Amy did a great job with her selection of stitches and threads. He is very regal. Will post a picture as soon as he is complete.
Linda

No comments: