Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wonderful Day!






Today we had our second day with Tony Minieri.  What a fantastic experience this has been!  I know that I learned so much, and Tony just is an inspiration as a teacher.  He stresses a positive, "can-do" attitude in the classroom, and the depth of his knowledge is just amazing.  We have had a terrific time.

Some of our classmates have taken classes with Tony before, and he is patient and generous with his time.  When we sent our canvases to him, we were asked to identify our stitching level.  I considered myself an intermediate stitcher.  I feel that the guide Tony created is perfect for me, not too easy, not too overwhelming---just right.  Do I sound like Goldilocks?  I can't say enough terrific things about Tony.  I just never met anyone like him--creative and mathematical at the same time.    

We have to thank our LNS, Stitch by Stitch for all their hard work in putting this class together. We know this was a great effort on their part, and it all paid off.  Everything went smoothly, the space was very comfortable, everyone seemed to be having a good time--& lunch was great! We can't wait until Tony comes back!  

Here's some photos from class. Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting my progress with this first Ponza canvas.  Stay tuned.....

D

No comments: