Friday, November 19, 2010

Sneak Peep






I know that it is early to start decorating for Christmas but I just had to do my mantel. The garland I ordered came and Jill was kind enough to send out my December kit early so I could have my finished Shepherd and Lambs. I have missed seeing my Nativity pieces that I just had to get the mantel up. I just took a picture of one part of the mantel and on Sunday when it is complete with all eleven pieces ( missing one the Camel), I will post a picture of the completed mantel. I just love Christmas and cannot wait to see all my cherished pieces. This year is going to be very special because of Jake. This morning when he came I showed him the mantel but did not have the garland turned on. After we said good morning to the Shepherd, lamb, donkey and elephant, I told him I had a surprise for him and turned on the garland. The look of delight on his face brought tears to my eyes. It is going to be a real gift to see Christmas through his eyes.
The last picture is of three decorations I ordered from Grandin Road and just had to post them since I think they are the cutest things. They are part of the holiday Dash Away Reindeer Collection. One of the reindeer, Donna, was damaged so I have to send her back and they are putting a new one in the mail. I will have four pieces altogether including Santa. Now to find a special place for them. Thinking of looking for a narrow long rectangular mirror tray to put them on with snow. Now I have to find it.
Off to try to get some stitching done tonight.
Linda

2 comments:

stephanie ashworth said...

It is never to early to decorate for Christmas! Especially when you have such beautiful things. I can't wait to see your full Kelly Clark/Amy Bunger nativity scene. I don't know why I haven't been stitching that, but plan to start soon. Maybe when I go to Memphis in the spring. Happy Thanksgiving and keep on decorating.

Melinda said...

Hi, Linda - What great memories you are making for and with Jake! i can just imagine his delight in seeing all the lights on your garland. It's beautiful, by the way. Can't wait to see all your Nativity figures on display. Wish I had jumped on those last year.

That reindeer collection couldn't be cuter! I like your idea about the mirror and snow. That would be a perfect setting for them.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!