Sunday, November 7, 2010

Today: Tony

Today Linda & I are taking a canvas embellishment class with Tony Minieri. I have had a very hectic month, between work and....work. I have been stitching sometimes at night, and in fact am almost finished with the Ponza door. Today I am doing a large floral piece by Kathy Sharpe, who distributes through DJ Designs. Here's the (corrected) link to the piece.

http://www.designsdj.com/images/NKS007C_Euro_Flower_Mart.jpg

I love big canvases; I think they make such a grand statement about the craft, especially when there are lots of stitches to show off, as I am expecting with Tony's stitch guide this morning. On the other hand, there's very little instant gratification; I would like to dedicate next year to small, quick pieces.

Later! Denise

6 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Have fun in class with the Headmaster for all of us who have to stay at home!

Lu Lu Martin said...

Hi Denise, where are you taking the class with Tony?? I have been trying to get in touch with him about a class for our region. If you get a chancevplease tell him I asked about him. Thanks. Lu Lu

Melinda said...

Denise - What a great canvas! Can't wait to see what Tony has planned for you on this one. I know it will be fabulous! Hope you and Linda have a wonderful time and learn a lot!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Great canvas and Tony will give you some wonderful stitches. Will enjoy watching your progress. Enjoy your day with Tony and it's always fun to take a class with him. I am hoping I can get to La Jolla next year to take another embellishment class with him

Sue VanderNoor

Robin said...

That's an awesome canvas, Denise. You will have fun stitching... and we will have fun watching... cheering you on from the sidelines. Please give regards to Tony, Linda and all in your corner of the world.

Michelle said...

I cannot wait to see the finished product. The canvas is beautiful and the colors are so vivid. I'm sure with Tony's guide and your beautiful stitching the flowers will bloom off the canvas. Hope all is well with you. Say hello to Linda for me