Thursday, November 10, 2011

Karens Amazing Needlepoint Adventure

Our trip started last week with a Cook Up Class at Amy's. We had a wonderful time with great food, friends and laughs. Amy always amazes us with her amazing stitch guides. We all left for the airport on Sunday evening. Denise and I had a seven o'clock flight to New York and Karen had a seven thirty flight to LA.
On Monday Karen's amazing adventure began.
Karen first stopped at Aristeia Needlepoint and just raved about their new store and then she went off to the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is in the most perfect location with the most perfect setting and just beautiful rooms. Needless to say Karen felt she was in heaven. The next day started with a delicious lunch and then the best part began working on the needlepoint project. Karen has called me everyday with a report of what she is doing. I can tell you she is having the time of her life. The setting is perfect, the food is delicious and the class is fabulous.
Karen has meet so many wonderful people like Melissa Shirley, Carol Eix, the snap tray and frame weight lady, the BeStitched Girls and so many more. She is thrilled with the class loves the canvas and the teachers are great. She is already planning our trip for next year. I will be going for sure provided I get in.
The only low was that Wendy was not able to be there. Wendy is on the road to recovery and hopefully will be back soon. We are all praying for you Wendy.
This is a picture of the finished piece. It is a Melissa Shirley and is available
through Aristeia at 310-476-6977.
Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely incredible. I wish I had gone to California!

Stephanie in Texas

Kelly said...

The piece is amazing! Great choice in stitches.

Melinda said...

I'm sure Karen is having a wonderful time. I hope I can go on one of their stitching retreats one day. Better start saving the pennies now! Thanks for the report, Linda!