Sunday, February 8, 2009

Two Sophisticated Socks Done


I have completed the January and February Sophisticated Socks. They were a very quick and easy project. The thread selection is really what makes them pop. I have March to stitch but it will have to wait awhile.


Last week I signed up for Amy Bunger's Nativity Home Study Course. The first canvas arrived on Thursday and everything else is on hold until I get this stitched. My daughter and I are both doing the Nativity and we want to get the first three pieces stitched by the beginning May. We have our first canvas already started, Baby Jesus. Mary will arrive in March and Joseph in April. Provided there are no bumps in the road we should reach our deadline. The reason for the deadline is that we want to give the finishing to Amy and we will be going down to Memphis in the middle of May for a class with Amy.


I already have one small bump. On Friday, I start an Initial Ribbon class at my LNS. Jennifer, my daughter, has a small bump also. She is going to Italy for 10 days in April. I am confident that we will reach our goal. Jen is a fast stitcher and I will just have to find more time in the day to stitch.


I will keep you posted on our progress.


Linda

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good luck on your Nativity. I have really enjoyed looking at the stitched model on Amy Bunger's website and can't wait to see you actually stitching them!

Hurry up, though. I like the Wise Men best....

Jane, waving from Chilly Hollow