Sunday, October 4, 2009

I forgot to show you...






I forgot to show you my finished pillow of the Painter's Windowbox. I think it's quite pretty.



Last night, we went to dinner with some friends at a terrific local restaurant, Trevi. Excellent meal. As we were getting ready to go, I went looking for a shawl, but not a woolen one, as it has been damp & humid but not really either cold or hot. I found one---and I found this needlepoint purse that I forgot to show you as well.

You will note that there are two different canvases on the front of this evening bag. That's because they are mounted on a magnet, a very strong one, and there's a magnet inside the front flap of the purse as well. That way you can change the canvas on the front. I made this for my daughter & myself. I found this neat little purse at Fireside Stitchery. It isn't on their web site that I could find, but they had it on display, and my daughter, lover of all purses great & small, fell in love.

I think the canvases are Sharon G, one of my favorites. And of course the fact that they are small, and Fireside works up a stitch guide for you, makes them even more fun.

Going to sit outside and enjoy the last of the Indian Summer (sunshine today, thank goodness). I am working on a gift for a family member, and it's a surprise, so I can't show or tell you more--at least for a few months!

Then I will go back to Ponza...and Whatever...and my Tony Minieri SOTM kimono...and my flag.

And I can't wait for the Sharon G SNS class to begin.

Oh, and lastly. My Stitching Sister, Linda, is in the midst of chaos & soon will have dust too, as the kitchen demolition begins. I think she should just go into her sewing room & stay there for 3 weeks. I'll have sandwiches delivered.
D
PS: I apologize for the way these photos are laying out. Having great difficulty with Blogspot on this issue lately. Sorry :(

1 comment:

Robin said...

Denise, Love all of the new photos. Great job!