Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Three Evenings


Three evenings. That's all it took to do this canvas. I started it Saturday night; worked on it Sunday evening, had no time last night, & finished it up tonight. Cute, right?

Well, it is for me. For those of you who don't know, I am an estate planning attorney. I plan on making this into a pillow for one of my office chairs. Sometimes, my clients spend too much time & energy worrying how to get their estates to their children, instead of enjoying the fruits of their labors a little bit. I try to help them find a balance if I can. This canvas fits my personal philosophy, and, frankly, the reality I see regularly in the children left behind. Sad, sometimes, how it all ends up being about the money. I have no surviving parents, and sometimes I wish those children clutching for their parents' money could realize what it means to never be able to call your mom or dad again.

Ok, enough of that. I found this canvas in the sale bin at our LNS, Stitch by Stitch. I had wanted to stitch this up in either the new High Cotton or in the Vineyard Silk Merino wool. But I couldn't find the cotton in the two stores I went to, and the Vineyard Merino did not come in the right shades. This canvas was not actually these colors, but instead was in a brighter red & green. The burgundy color matches the colors of my office chairs--& there's no green in my office. Basically, I changed the whole color scheme, and the shape of the borders, too. In any event I had a fun time stitching up this canvas, which was on 13 mesh--no magnifier needed! I will drop this at our LNS on Saturday to send off for finishing.

I have a business meeting tomorrow night so no stitching will occur. I will be going back to the Christmas ornament I started last week, planning on finishing that up as quickly as I can. My threads for the Positano canvas came on Friday, so I will finish that up next.

Plans, plans plans.

Denise


3 comments:

Kelly said...

This looks great and perfect for your business. Congrats on a nice finish.

Melinda said...

Love it, Denise! What a perfect piece for your office. Isn't it nice to have projects like this on hand that work up so quickly? I didn't realize you worked in estate planning. I wish more people understood the importance of it.

Anonymous said...

Love the ornament, the sequins are very fun and festive.