Sunday, July 10, 2011

FUN WEEKEND
















Karen and I left on Friday for our class at Bedecked and Bedazzzled. Our first stop on our trip was to Rittenhouse in Philadelphia. It is about three years since I was last at Rittenhouse. I was shocked when I walked in to see all the new and wonderful threads they had. The store is just filled with threads. Our next stop was Fireside Stitchery also in PA. They were having a Pische trunk show and I purchased one of the small tote bags. Karen also purchased one with flowers and butterflies on it.

On Saturday morning we headed out to our class. Julia Snyder was teaching a Raymond Crawford piece and we were really looking forward to meeting her and seeing how she brought the canvas to life. Julia is a lovely person and she did a wonderful stitch guide for this piece. I am always happy when I learn something new and Julia taught us several things in class. The one stitch that I really loved was the beaded Jessica stitch. I would have never thought of beading this stitch. It gives the stitch a totally new look. We had such fun in class Julia is very funny and
we had a lovely time.

Denise & I are busily working on our Rebecca Woods "Twas the Night Before Christmas" piece that is the Christmas in July piece that our LNS is doing this summer. I am about three quarters of the way through the sky.

Denise will keep you informed as to my progress.

Linda



1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hi, Linda - I'm so happy you had a good time this weekend! Looks like you made some nice additions to your stash. The Key West canvas is intriguing - please tell me more about that when you can.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week. I know the surgery will go well and that you will be back into stitching shape in no time at all!

Take care!