Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love Christmas. No matter how much I gripe about being stressed & having too much to do & not enough time, I just love this time of year.

The trees are up; the little gingerbread tree my nephew & his wife gave us a few years ago, with Ashley's needlepointed gingerbread house under it. My needlepoint tree, which is now way too small for all my ornaments. And our big 12 foot tree in the living room, with all the pink ornaments that were purchased by my mother & grandmother the year I was born. My favorite part is unwrapping the ornaments, remembering the vacation we were on when we bought an ornament, or an ornament Ashley made, or one Frank bought for us.

Of course taking it all down is dreadful, but we won't think about that right now!

Hope everyone is getting the spirit!!

3 comments:

Steph's Stitching said...

I'm definitely in the spirit after seeing all those fabulous trees. Wow! I have never seen so many needlepoint candy canes. They are beautiful.
I have so enjoyed reading your blog and others that I have started my own. Check it out at stephsstitching.blogspot.com.
Merry Christmas from Stephanie in Texas

Steph's Stitching said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I feel like the rock stars of blogging have blessed me with a visit.

Stephanie

Steph's Stitching said...

Thank you for adding me to your blog list. I am very honored.

Merry Christmas!

Stephanie