Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Magi of the Orient


Last night I finished the Magi of the Orient and this morning I mailed both Jen's and mine off to Amy for finishing. They will get to Amy before the Christmas cut off so we should have all six pieces this year for Christmas.
I thought this was going to be a quick stitch since it really did not have any composite stitches but I was wrong. Never seem to complete them in under two and a half weeks. Amy as always did a fantastic job in her stitch and thread selection. The detail on all these pieces is amazing. The Angel of the Lord should be arriving any day. I want to get the background done on Mellow Yellow, the long distance class I am taking with Ruth Schmuff, before I start the Angel. Hopefully, this will not take long since it is on 13 mesh but again the background is a three stitch process.
Linda

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The Wise Men are my favorites in this Nativity and the oriental king my very favorite Wise Man, so I've been eagerly awaiting a photo. Congratulations on such a fast stitch!

Can't wait to see the finished pieces.

Jane said...

Wow. You're amazing. I'm still hobbling along, but get such great encouragement from your completions.

Cyn said...

Hi Linda,

I've enjoyed seeing your and your daughter's finished Magi!

This is a great series!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow