Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Little More Finishing

These photos are of some items I finished myself. Last year I went to Syracuse & took a finishing class with Pat Mazu (my stitching sister was supposed to come but she opted for emergency gall bladder surgery instead). Last year I finished a few items myself, but never did the detail work on them, like closing them up & putting the little hangars on the ornaments. The class gave me a whole new appreciation for finishing. This batch is a group of Teeny Mittens & Socks from my Fireside Stitchery Club. They are really fun to stitch & come with great little stitch guides. I learned that it is very, very difficult to turn a mitten thumb. Very Difficult.














This next batch are some teeny mittens I picked up at our LNS. The one with the "D" was the first one I did, & then my DH & DD became jealous as to why there were no mittens with their initials on them. So, I picked up a few more teeny mittens, & embroidered on some initials. Frank pretty much lost his thumb on his mitten. Oh well. My grandmother always said it was the imperfections that made hand made items perfect. You're right, Nanny.

These are two more small boxes that I finished on my own. I did these from some charts that were in Needlepoint Now in the September/October 07 issue. I have the materials to do the rest---I did one other that I finished last year. The other boxes remain on "The List." It's gloomy here in NY---so much for my plan to sink my toes into the sand at a local beach for a few hours. Working on the Ponza canvas has made me want to hear the ocean a little. But not today. I will have to be satisfied with stitching. Sigh. :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend....Denise

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Denise,

You did a great job on all of your finishes!

You now have lot's of wonderful new ornaments for this year's Holidays. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow