Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ruth Schmuff

Here is a picture of my next project. It is a Melissa Shirley canvas with stitch guide by Ruth Schmuff of Bedecked and Beadazzled. Ruth is not only a very smart business woman but she is also a fabulous designer. Ruth has done an amazing stitch guide for this canvas and her thread selection is spectacular. The class is taking place in her store and meets about once a month. Each class is a total mystery. You do not know what section is being done and you have no idea what it will look like until the day of the class. I am taking the class "long distance". My stitch guide and threads are mailed to me right after the class is held. This is such a fun concept. The best part about it is that you are always surprised with the next step and it keeps you wanting to come back to see what wonderful idea Ruth comes up with for the next section. Another great part of this class is that you pay as you go along. You do not have a large expense for the class all at once. It is spread out over the length of the class. In today's economy, this is a real plus. You do not have to think twice about taking a class because of the cost. Now you get to pay for it as you go along.
Ruth is going to be doing another Mystery Class starting some time in October. It is called Merry Christmas. I cannot think of a better way to get into the holiday spirit. I do not know any of the particulars on what the design will be but knowing Ruth you can be guaranteed that it will be gorgeous.

If you are lucky enough to live near Cockeysville, Maryland, you can take a class from Ruth directly. Unfortunately, I do not live close enough to go for a one day class but I can still partake by doing the long distance class. Ruth is very good about answering any questions you might have and will usually answer your questions within 24 hours or less. If you have never been to her store Bedecked and Beadazzled, please treat yourself and go visit. Every time I go visit, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. The store itself is beautifully displayed and the selection of threads and canvases just take your breathe away. I try to visit at least once a year. A must to add to your list of stores to visit.

Linda

2 comments:

Ruth Schmuff said...

Hi Linda - Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so happy you enjoy what I do. I try to make each piece as special as possible realizing we all have only limited time and funds.

More flowers are blooming on Mellow Yellow, our garden is growing.

Happy Stitching
Ruth

Cyn said...

Hi Linda,

I'm going to enjoy watching you stitch this canvas. Very bright and colorful!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow