Friday, August 28, 2009

A Whole Lotta Finishing Going On






While I have been busily stitching away on my Ponza canvas (I will post a photo of my progress soon, I promise), quite a few things have come back from the finishers. Here are some candy canes for you to check out.

I think they are fabulous! Some folks like a bunch of ruffled ribbons on top; I prefer not, as I think it takes away from the stitching. Not that I think too much glitz at Christmas is a bad thing, though!

Here are a few more candy canes. You might notice that there's still one missing.
Our LNS says there's no rhyme or reason as to what comes back first. As our LNS has closed for almost 2 weeks, it will be a while before I see any more finishing. Luckily, though, I've saved up more finishing to show you all on another post--including a few I finished on my own!

Enjoy the weekend! D

2 comments:

Robin said...

I really, really have Candy Cane-envy. How wonderful for you to have your collection done, and ready to enjoy.

You must share with us your intended decorating destination for those yummy Candy Canes.

Great job! Robin

Cyn said...

Hi,

I have lot's of these that I want to stitch.

I'm still working on my Halloween Candy Cane and I picked up some more at the Melissa Shirley trunk show at my LNS. Now to find some time to stitch!

Thanks for sharing your finished candy canes. They look great!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow