Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm Home

I am finally home after the most exciting two weeks of needlepoint.

First Karen and I went to the Aristeia Retreat held at The Ritz Carlton in
Laguna Beach. The hotel was absolutely magnificent. The views were spectacular and the staff made us feel so very much at home.


The view from my room overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It was wonderful waking up to this spectacular view every morning. Karen and I had our breakfast on my terrace in the morning.

We spent five glorious days at The Ritz and were sorry to leave.

The class was a beautiful canvas designed by Melissa Shirley exclusively for the Aristeia Retreat.


Here is a picture of Melissa and Amanda with the piece.

Amanda, is Wendy's daughter and she stitched and taught this piece. Amanda did a wonderful job teaching and she certainly must have made her mother proud.
We had three wonderful days of class. I made a lot of new friends and plan on meeting up with two of them in Memphis in October.

About 14 of us went out to dinner every night. The meals were excellent but the conversations and laughs we had during dinner were even better. We had a really great time making new friends and seeing old ones.

I will tell you about my next adventure tomorrow.

Linda

4 comments:

Beth said...

Linda, It was so great having lunch with you on Thursday. Love your blog. Beth

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Beth,
It was great meeting you. Hope to see you again - maybe at Edwardian.
Linda

Melinda said...

Hi, Linda - I know you had the most wonderful time! I can't wait to hear more about your trips!

Steph's Stitching said...

There you are. I want to hear all the details!