Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seminar


After being away for two weeks on a wonderful needlepoint adventure, I am trying to settle back into the real world. I had the most amazing time in California. Karen took me to see Needlenook of La Jolla and it is just amazing. It is actually two stores. One shop is just needlepoint canvases and the other is all threads. Talk about a kid being let loose in a candy store. I really surprised myself by the restraint I had. I only picked up some threads for a few projects I had. The Ritz Carlton is a totally amazing hotel and the setting was perfect. It was so peaceful. I meet some wonderful women and look forward to our friendships growing. Karen and I are meeting up with two for dinner in Memphis in October.

Seminar was a lot of fun. This is the second Seminar I have been to and the first one that I took a class. I signed up for a three day class given by Sandra Arthur called Ladybug Teapot. What a fun class! The piece is just a fun happy piece and Sandra was a wonderful teacher. I would definitely take another class from her and highly recommend her. We covered the whole piece in three days and actually have something to show for it.



Here is a picture of Sandra's completed piece. The finishing is just beautiful.


Here is a picture of two borders and part of the spout of the teapot.


Upper part of the borders.


The teapot


Overview of the whole canvas.

I plan on making this piece into a tray. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.

I am just getting back to the Thanksgiving House after two weeks. I am almost done with Kit 2 for the front of the house and will then move onto doing Kit 2 for the sides and back. My goal is to have Kit 2 completed before Kit 4 arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back to Nana Daycare. Jake fell right back into our routine. He can now entertain himself playing with his cars for a long time without Nana having to sit with him.
I cannot do stitching with him around since he wants to stitch. I have a canvas for him but he wants to stitch on whatever I am working on and that just does not work.
My stitching is once again limited to the evenings.

Better get busy cleaning up some toys and getting dinner together.

Linda

2 comments:

Diane Gasior said...

I can't wait to see this finished. It is just the cutest canvas. It looks like very tedious stitching. I love it and can't wait to hear more about each of your trips.

Steph's Stitching said...

It brought a smile to my face. I know you are glad to have Jake back on a daily basis. You have had quite the needlepoint adventures this summer. Looking forward to fall fun with you.