Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First All That Glitters Ornament Is Done

Here is the completed All That Glitters Ornament. It is the first in the series of twelve. This is the club by Needle House with stitch guide by Nancy Laux and canvas by A Collection of Designs.
I thought that I would have this ornament done in four days but it took me a week. There was a lot of detail work on this piece which took time to do. I am very happy with the way it came out. Am now waiting to see how Needle House finishes it before I send it off for finishing. The second in the series should be arriving soon. I really enjoyed stitching this piece. I loved all the threads and crystals. Nancy did a fabulous job on the stitch guide. A lot of stitches were used not just basketweave. Highly recommend this club.

I have just started Kit 2 Mary from Amy's Nativity Home Study Course. I am learning so much from this course and having a great time doing it. Hope to have Kit 2 done within the next two weeks.

On Thursday the first of The Flakes Club will be arriving. This club is by Ruth Schmuff of Bedecked and Beadazzled. Looking forward to see what Ruth has done with this club. She always does a great time. Will keep you posted.

Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is VERY impressive! I bet these are gorgeous when finished---glitzy, glitzy!! Makes me want to sign up!! I love the crystals! Are these the "hot fix" ones?

I am also taking Amy's series, but am behind already--dang!

I can't wait to see the rest of the series!