Monday, March 22, 2010

Two Delightful Days with Tony M






We had two lovely days of Canvas Embellishment classes with Tony Minieri. I was working on another of my Ponza canvases, and Linda was working on two outrageous tassel canvases. It is always fun to see what our friends are working on as well. Tony starts each session by going through each person's canvas, & describing the threads & stitches he's selected, & why he did so. As my friend Susan said, this is one of the best parts of the class. Tony's creative mind, & the depth of his knowledge about threads, stitches & embellishments is outrageous. He says that he thinks about the level of stitcher you say you are, and then pushes the envelope just a little bit more--& then a little bit more! And that is so true.

Everyone has a great time in class, and Tony is just so patient!! We are like a bunch of little kids--"Tony, can you check this?" "Tony, can you just show me...?" "Tony, I need a some help here." And he never gets frustrated. Amazing.

Here are some photos from some of the work our classmates are doing. Linda & I will show you more detail about our canvases in the near future.

Denise

7 comments:

MNStitcher said...

Love that top canavas - I assume one of your classmate's. Any idea of the designer on that one? Thinking, it might need to go into my stash!

Denise & Linda said...

I love that canvas too. I will try to find out who designs it. You could also call our LNS, Stitch by Stitch in Larchmont, I bet they know who designed it, & they could get it for you. Denise

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Denise, I am so glad you can take these classes. I am very envious!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics, and I especially like the stitch on the top canvas straw bag. Any idea what it is? What fun you both must have had.
Sheena

Ashley said...

That top canvas, I learned at Stitch by Stitch this past Saturday, is by Alice Peterson. Denise

Unknown said...

Hi Denise/Linda,

Love the pictures.

Do you remember the book Tony suggested to help identify which needle to use? I thought it was Needle Index. Not found in Amazon. See you soon on a Saturday.

Toni

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Toni,

Yes, it's called The Needle Index. Doubt if you can get it on Amazon. Linda & I both got ours at The Edwardian Needle. Why not call them & ask them to send it to you, or call Stitch by Stitch & ask them to order it for you? Denise