Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Outrage Over Politicians Who Won't Listen Gets Me Published

Those of you who know me in person know that I am keenly attuned to politics, both local and national, as well as international. I follow a bevy of blogs & newspapers every day, and will read the books of those leaders with whom I agree as well as those with whom I disagree...no matter how outraged I get reading those books!

Last week, I was ranting about our local County Board of Legislators, which opposes every cost cutting measure introduced by our County Executive. Our County Executive swept the former Executive out after 3 terms, as our former Executive managed to get our County the distinction of being one of the highest taxed counties in the nation. Local taxpayers cried "enough!"

I sent a letter to the local newspaper about a recent decision made by our new Executive which would save the County $3 million per year, which our Board of Legislators denounced. I think our Executive is listening to us, & that's what I said in my letter. You can read the letter here:


http://www.lohud.com/article/20100608/OPINION/6080306/1016/OPINION01/County%20legislators%20are%20out%20of%20touch

Ok, off my soapbox now. Back to stitching--well, really, off to work---so I can pay my taxes!

Denise

No comments: