Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Frame, Mini Stocking and Rhett






I finally got a pretty good picture of Jake to put in the Christmas Frame from Ruth Schmuff. The frame is a Raymond Crawford canvas and was a Mystery Class given last year by Ruth Schmuff. I am so happy with the way this frame came out and could not wait to put it out. with a picture of Jake. Jake likes it too. Jake just loves looking at himself.
Jake's Mini Stocking came back from the finishers and I picked it up today. It already went home with Jen and Jake so she can hang it up for Jake. Hopefully next year there will be a bigger stocking to hang. The Needle Works in Austin Texas is having a 40% off sale on painted canvases. I purchased a Strictly Christmas stocking from them. The stocking is perfect for Jake. It is a Christmas tree with trains going around it (like garland). After his trip to the Train Show, we felt he should have a train stocking. I will be sending the canvas to Amy's for stitch guide and threads. Robin will do the stitch guide. Will post a picture of the stocking when I get it from Needle Works.
I know it is not even Christmas yet and I am stitching for Easter. Unfortunately, the deadlines for finishing forces us to get things done months ahead to guarantee having your finished piece back in time. Rhett is a Needle Deeva canvas and the stitch guide is by Debbie Bowers of Needle Orts in Altamonte Springs, Flordia. This is really a fun piece to stitch. Debbie's stitch guide is easy to follow and clear. She is using a wonderful selection of threads and embellishments and the stitches are really making the piece come to life. I think Rhett has the most handsome face.
Well off to do my bookkeeping work for my husband and then hopefully some stitching.
Linda

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hi, Linda - Love the frame! And the little man it surrounds is pretty cute, too! The stocking is so sweet - just perfect for little Jake. Rhett looks like a fun project that I know you will enjoy. Hope you get lots of stitching done this weekend!

Melinda