Monday, July 9, 2012

A Break From THE House

I have finished (for now) the Thanksgiving House roof. We have been told in the Facebook "House" group that there will be a few more stitches on the roof in kit 3. For me, finishing the roof means I have completed kit 1. I need a break!

I was able to get in some serious roof stitching time while watching a fascinating show that has apparently been on PBS for the past 2 years called "Downton Abbey." How did I not know about this excellent imported soap from Great Britain? I watched the first year on Netflix & the second year on a 1 week free subscription to Hulu Plus. Honestly, I really recommend watching this in the empty summer TV wasteland. I can't believe I have to wait until January to get my next fix of Downton Abbey!

Anyway, now that the roof is (mostly) done, I am ready for a break & some instant(ish) gratification. I have therefore gone back to my calendar flowers which was a club from A Stitch in Time. I have 5 more of these to complete; I have had the first 7 canvases matted & am using my perpetual calendar. I should wrap this canvas up by the end of the week.

It's a good thing I will (hopefully) be done by the end of the week, as we will be off to a weekend celebration of Linda's Big Birthday. Linda, Karen (our stitching cousin), Jen & Ashley (the stitching daughters) & I are off to a spa for our party. Some of us have massages & other spa luxuries scheduled; others are just excited to work on the "Friends" canvas in our specialized colors with custom Amy's stitch guides. Stay tuned for party updates during the weekend....maybe. After all, there may be a bit of "what happens at the spa stays at the spa" going on.....

Denise



3 comments:

Steph's Stitching said...

The Swans are mad for Downtown Abbey. The ones that went to England this spring went to the castle where they film. Glad you found it.

Have a great time at the birthday party. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anne Bloom said...

This sounds like a birthday party extraordinaire! I cannot wait to hear all about it. Canvasses and stitch guides from Amy - oh my and what a great idea! Downtown Abbey is totally amazing! I am watching the two series for the third time this summer!

Diane Gasior said...

Denise, I also hope you watched the Christmas Special. It was at the end of Season 2 and you need all of the information in the Christmas special before you can begin Season 3.

Have a great Birthday weekend and please tell Linda, "Happy Birthday"