Saturday, August 9, 2008

Little Road Trip

Linda & I love what we call our needlepoint adventures--short (or sometimes longer) road trips to needlepoint stores, both well known & lesser known. Yesterday, I needed a day away from the office (although I was bluetooth in ear for emergency purposes until lunchtime), so we decided to take a ride to Edwardian Needle (http://www.theedwardianneedle.com/index.html), which is in Bloomfield, NJ, about a 45 minute ride for us.

I will say that the store is located where you wouldn't think it would be. And from the outside, we did pause to ponder. But once inside, you could be in any needlepoint fantasyland. So many threads to see & touch. My favorite thing, though, was the amazingly wide assortment of ribbon! Every size, every color---a sight to behold, really! Drawers & drawers of canvases, and embellishments--oh, my!

It was a lovely trip & we will return.

And, as a bonus, we stopped at B&W Bakery in Hackensack & got a few crumb cakes to bring home! Mmmmm!

Denise

No comments: