Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jake Checking Out His Stocking








Jake came over today to check out my progress on his mini stocking. He seemed to be happy with the progress. I am progressing along very nicely. Have just about all of the design done and what is not done will be done tonight - then onto the background and then the cuff. I am going to do skip tent for the background and put small white beads for the stars. I did the water with two strands of accentuate in a stitch called Small Ground #2. It is from Julia Snyder's Background & Such book. I love all her books. You can find some really interesting stitches. I think the stitch for the water really works well.
I did not move the shopping bag on my NYC Santa. Amy said it looked perfect where is was and not to chance moving it. Yesterday I shipped it off to Ruth for finishing. It will be finished as a stand-up. Ruth and I passed around some ideas and I told her to feel free to work her magic. Ruth is one of a few people that I trust to have free reign on finishing. Her choice of fabric and embellishments are always just perfect for the canvas. Stitching brings your canvas to life but good finishing really makes the canvas come alive. I have never been disappointed in anything I have given Ruth. Cannot wait to see what magic she works.
Can you believe how big my little man has gotten. He really is now a BIG man. I can hardly hold him he is so heavy. He really loves his food. Never turns away thing. He eats all his vegetables and fruits. Jake is now sitting by himself and really looks like a big boy. As of September, my life as I know it will definitely be changing with my caring for Jake every day.
Linda


No comments: