Monday, January 23, 2012

Cars for Jake

I ordered this canvas two years ago from Amy for Jake. I was so caught up in other stitching that I never got to it. Jake is going to be turning two in March and I decided it was time that Nana stitched this for her little man before he got to big. Jake is going to be getting a big boy bed and his room will now have a car theme. This canvas is going to be perfect for his room.
I will be dividing my time between the Christmas Banner and the Cars canvas. This canvas is by Alice Peterson and I got the stitch guide and threads from Amy. Amy did a magnificent stitch guide for it and this is going to be a fun stitch. I have to call Amy's to get a thread I am missing for the sky and more of the thread for the
Road. Amy suggested having a continuous run of ZOOM in the red border.
I saw so many canvases that I liked but so far have only ordered the Perfume Bottles from Amy. I love the eat love stitch canvas by &More along with Sew Much Fun's three dimensional Rose Pillow and Painted Pony's Halloween and Christmas Dress for Success. So many canvases and so little time to stitch it all.
Linda

7 comments:

Steph's Stitching said...

Very cute! Perfect for a big boy! I'm getting a real car for my big boy!

Diane Gasior said...

I am very excited to follow you as you continue the cars. It is a very cute canvas. Love the street stitch.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

This is a darling canvas. Jake will love it!

Melinda said...

The car canvas is as cute as can be and I know Jake will love looking at it!

The pictures of the canvases at the market are all very tempting. Im sure we have lots of beautiful and fun projects in our futures!

Jane said...

Love the street and sky stitches. What are they?

Michelle said...

Linda, that is just precious and I know he will love it when it is hanging in his "big boy" room.

Steph's Stitching said...

Linda-Thanks for stopping by the blog this morning. Did you get any stitching done today?