Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scissor Fobs, Pear and Cars

Today I made two Valentine Scissor Fobs. I purchased a few Valentine bracelets from Pier One, took them apart and added beads from stash and viola scissor fobs. Cannot wait for the Easter bracelets.
The "H" is finished except for the leaves which I will put in after I finish the background in that area. The "R" is still a work in progress.
Jake's cars are progressing along nicely. The street lights, traffic light and signs are done except for the beading. I will not do that until the sky is done. I should be getting all my extra threads for the sky and road this week so then I will be able to finish those areas and then move onto the really fun - stitching of the cars.
Linda

7 comments:

Steph's Stitching said...

Very clever! Who taught you to make scissor fobs? Didn't y'all go to a class? I would love to learn how to do that.
All your stitching looks great. Can't wait to see more! Have a good week. Stephanie

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Steph,
Denise actually taught me how to make the scissor fobs.
It really is very easy to do. We will have to figure out a way to teach you.
Linda

Cindy Minick said...

Hi Linda, Just wondering are you extending the border around the car piece? Love your blog and enjoy following you and Denise's work.

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Cindy,
IRight now I am planning on leaving the. Order size as is.
Amy suggested stitching ZOOM around the border and I think that will make the. Order perfect.
Linda

Steph's Stitching said...

I watched a video on YouTube about making scissor fobs. I am going to try and sneak away to Joann's today to get the supplies. I am so interested because I want to make Swan scissors fobs. I have never found any. Wish me luck.

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Steph,
Wishing you luck. Hope you find some wonderful beads.
Cannot wait to see what you make.
Linda

Beth said...

I think you've created a scissor fob business unknowingly - you've got a following! Love your blog.