Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finishing and Stash Enhancement

Today I picked up Jake's Christmas ornament from Stitch by Stitch in Larchmont.
I am thrilled with the way it came out. Jake is going to love it


Front of Ornament


Side view


Back of ornament. I always engrave on the back of Jake's ornaments

While I was in the store I noticed this Stumpwork Sampler by Kelly Clark. It came with the Stumpwork Notebook. I have been wanting it and since I had a coupon from the store I purchased it. Oh, what a wonderful Notebook it is. Everything is so well diagramed and the instructions are very clear. This is truly a learning piece. I am looking forward to this Stumpwork journey.



Canvas and Notebook


Index of Stumpwork Techniques

I wanted to post a picture of a page from the notebook since they are so well done but felt I could not since it is copyrighted. This is such a wonderful Notebook. I am going to experience so many new techniques and learn so much. I usually do not recommend things but I do recommend this Sampler and Notebook.

Linda

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Now you have tempted me with Kelly's stumpwork book and canvas! When you buy something like this, you should buy two - one for you and one for me because you know if you like it, I will like it, too! Did they have another one? I'm serious! LOL!

Steph's Stitching said...

I am very interested to see your progress on this. I have always been tempted, but afraid. Jake's ornament is adorable.

Diane Gasior said...

Hi Linda, Santa turned out beautiful. You sure can tell how much you love Jake and now he will know how much Santa loves him. Santa will always be watching him while hanging on the tree.